Power crisis to continue for a month: Buddhadeb
Malda: As West Bengal spent another miserable day with temperature shooting up to 44 degrees Celsius compounded by long power cuts, the Chief Minister on Sunday said the ordeal would not last beyond another month.
Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee said here that the frequency of power cuts would come down after another month or so.
"This situation has arisen after a couple of units of the Kolaghat and Bakreshewar power generating stations suffered break-down. They are being repaired. We have to face hardship for the next one month," Bhattacharjee said after inaugurating an ITI at Habibpur here.
He said power situation remained dismal as the Kolaghat, Bakreshwar and Purulia Pump Storage facilities failed to generate power as per installed capacity.
On April 10, Power Minister Nirupam Sen also had said the power deficit would continue throughout April before any improvement could be envisaged.
Bhattacharjee said departments concerned were directed to make steady supply of drinking water throughout the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof