Power outage across Bengal after grid collapse
Kolkata: Power outage hit all the districts of West Bengal after the collapse of the Eastern Grid Tuesday, a minister said.
"The Eastern Gird has collapsed today (Tuesday). It is going to have a severe impact. All the districts of the state are going to face power shortage and outage today," said the state`s Power Minister Manish Gupta.
"We have started the repair work. But normalcy can`t be restored before tonight as repair work will take at least 10-12 hours."
According to Gupta, apart from some parts of Kolkata, all the districts would be severely affected due to the collapse of grid.
Train services on the South-Eastern Railway have also been severally affected due to the outage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read