Power outage across Bengal after grid collapse
Kolkata: Power outage hit all the districts of West Bengal after the collapse of the Eastern Grid Tuesday, a minister said.
"The Eastern Gird has collapsed today (Tuesday). It is going to have a severe impact. All the districts of the state are going to face power shortage and outage today," said the state`s Power Minister Manish Gupta.
"We have started the repair work. But normalcy can`t be restored before tonight as repair work will take at least 10-12 hours."
According to Gupta, apart from some parts of Kolkata, all the districts would be severely affected due to the collapse of grid.
Train services on the South-Eastern Railway have also been severally affected due to the outage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Have you seen what Shraddha Kapoor does when free? Pics inside
- Japan's Shinzo Abe takes G7 leaders to shrine as economy tops summit agenda
- Amber Heard files for divorce from Johnny Depp
- Philippines' Rodrigo Duterte apologises for captive Canadian's beheading by militants
- Jennifer Aniston's mother Nancy Dow dies at 79