Power outage across Bengal after grid collapse
Kolkata: Power outage hit all the districts of West Bengal after the collapse of the Eastern Grid Tuesday, a minister said.
"The Eastern Gird has collapsed today (Tuesday). It is going to have a severe impact. All the districts of the state are going to face power shortage and outage today," said the state`s Power Minister Manish Gupta.
"We have started the repair work. But normalcy can`t be restored before tonight as repair work will take at least 10-12 hours."
According to Gupta, apart from some parts of Kolkata, all the districts would be severely affected due to the collapse of grid.
Train services on the South-Eastern Railway have also been severally affected due to the outage.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis