Power supply in city affected
Kolkata: Power situation in the metropolis and
its outskirts turned grave following a massive shortfall of
nearly 460 MW since morning.
Executive director of CESC Dilip Sen said that the
Budge Budge generation station of the utility tripped
following a fault in a machine leading to an outage of 250 MW.
He said that while WBSEDCL was to supply 250 MW from Kasba
sub-station, only 40 MW was being supplied.
Sen said the situation might improve late in the
Owing to the crisis, RG Kar Medical College and Hospital
in northern part of the city plunged into darkness due to
Supply to the hospital was restored after a short while.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?