Power supply in city affected
Kolkata: Power situation in the metropolis and
its outskirts turned grave following a massive shortfall of
nearly 460 MW since morning.
Executive director of CESC Dilip Sen said that the
Budge Budge generation station of the utility tripped
following a fault in a machine leading to an outage of 250 MW.
He said that while WBSEDCL was to supply 250 MW from Kasba
sub-station, only 40 MW was being supplied.
Sen said the situation might improve late in the
Owing to the crisis, RG Kar Medical College and Hospital
in northern part of the city plunged into darkness due to
Supply to the hospital was restored after a short while.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt
- Wimbledon: Serena Williams enters second round ousts Amra Sadikovic
- Malaika Arora maintains silence over Salman's rape metaphor