Power supply in city affected
Kolkata: Power situation in the metropolis and
its outskirts turned grave following a massive shortfall of
nearly 460 MW since morning.
Executive director of CESC Dilip Sen said that the
Budge Budge generation station of the utility tripped
following a fault in a machine leading to an outage of 250 MW.
He said that while WBSEDCL was to supply 250 MW from Kasba
sub-station, only 40 MW was being supplied.
Sen said the situation might improve late in the
Owing to the crisis, RG Kar Medical College and Hospital
in northern part of the city plunged into darkness due to
Supply to the hospital was restored after a short while.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing