Pranab expresses concern over recovery of huge illegal arms
Kuli: Union Finance Minister and senior
Congress leader Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday voiced concern over the
recovery of huge quantities of illegal arms from some parts of
West Bengal and said it should have been recovered earlier.
"It is a matter of serious concern that huge quantities
of illegal arms are being recovered just after the
announcement of Assembly Election results," Mukherjee told
reporters on the sidelines of State Bank of India`s 1001
branch inauguration ceremony under Bengal circle here in
"The arms should have been recovered earlier," the senior
With a view to expand financial inclusion in rural areas
the Union Finance Minister said all round development could
only be achieved if the rural people were brought under the
Yesterday, police recovered a cache of illegal arms and
ammunition and arrested seven CPI(M) activists in separate
incidents in West Midnapore district while last week a huge
cache of arms was recovered by police near a CPI-M party
office at Enayatpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video