Pranab holds 45-minute discussion with WB Governor
Kolkata: Union Finance Minister and UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday made a courtesy call on West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan at Raj Bhavan here, a Raj Bhavan source said.
What transpired during the 45-minute discussion is, however, not known.
"It was a courtesy call. The two had a 45-minute discussion," the source said.
Mukherjee, who is to demit office on June 26 prior to filing nomination for the presidential election, also had lunch with the Governor before leaving for his residence in south Kolkata prior to his departure for Delhi.
The presidential hopeful had appealed to all parties to support his candidature yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'