Pranab holds 45-minute discussion with WB Governor
Kolkata: Union Finance Minister and UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday made a courtesy call on West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan at Raj Bhavan here, a Raj Bhavan source said.
What transpired during the 45-minute discussion is, however, not known.
"It was a courtesy call. The two had a 45-minute discussion," the source said.
Mukherjee, who is to demit office on June 26 prior to filing nomination for the presidential election, also had lunch with the Governor before leaving for his residence in south Kolkata prior to his departure for Delhi.
The presidential hopeful had appealed to all parties to support his candidature yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!