Pranab holds 45-minute discussion with WB Governor
Kolkata: Union Finance Minister and UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday made a courtesy call on West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan at Raj Bhavan here, a Raj Bhavan source said.
What transpired during the 45-minute discussion is, however, not known.
"It was a courtesy call. The two had a 45-minute discussion," the source said.
Mukherjee, who is to demit office on June 26 prior to filing nomination for the presidential election, also had lunch with the Governor before leaving for his residence in south Kolkata prior to his departure for Delhi.
The presidential hopeful had appealed to all parties to support his candidature yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country