Pranab holds 45-minute discussion with WB Governor
Kolkata: Union Finance Minister and UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday made a courtesy call on West Bengal Governor M K Narayanan at Raj Bhavan here, a Raj Bhavan source said.
What transpired during the 45-minute discussion is, however, not known.
"It was a courtesy call. The two had a 45-minute discussion," the source said.
Mukherjee, who is to demit office on June 26 prior to filing nomination for the presidential election, also had lunch with the Governor before leaving for his residence in south Kolkata prior to his departure for Delhi.
The presidential hopeful had appealed to all parties to support his candidature yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof