Pranab Mukherjee blames CPI-M for West Bengal violence
Siliguri: Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee has blamed the ruling Communist Party of India (Marxist) for the violence and killings in West Bengal.
“Continuous killings and violence has been going on in the state, for which entire blame lies on the Communist Party of India-Marxist. Why is it so? Is it not the government’s responsibility to ensure peace and prosperity? Many innocent people are dying. We need to change it and remove the current government as it does not have the right to remain in power after such incidents,” Mukherjee said at a rally here on Saturday.
“The Left Front Government is good for nothing and has created anarchy and turmoil throughout the state. There is an urgent need to remove it from power which can be done by the general public only through polls,” he added.
“The opposition and in particular the CPI-M has disrupted the parliament session completely. Is it a right thing to do in a democracy? We know that the party which holds majority runs the government and the minority criticises and debates but it does not mean that you will hamper the entire proceedings of Parliament over a particular matter,” Mukherjee said.
The CPI (M)-led Left Front government has been in power in the state for more than three decades. Presently, it is facing tough challenges from the opposition Trinamool Congress ahead of assembly polls due before May.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on