Pranab Mukherjee blames CPI-M for West Bengal violence
Siliguri: Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee has blamed the ruling Communist Party of India (Marxist) for the violence and killings in West Bengal.
“Continuous killings and violence has been going on in the state, for which entire blame lies on the Communist Party of India-Marxist. Why is it so? Is it not the government’s responsibility to ensure peace and prosperity? Many innocent people are dying. We need to change it and remove the current government as it does not have the right to remain in power after such incidents,” Mukherjee said at a rally here on Saturday.
“The Left Front Government is good for nothing and has created anarchy and turmoil throughout the state. There is an urgent need to remove it from power which can be done by the general public only through polls,” he added.
“The opposition and in particular the CPI-M has disrupted the parliament session completely. Is it a right thing to do in a democracy? We know that the party which holds majority runs the government and the minority criticises and debates but it does not mean that you will hamper the entire proceedings of Parliament over a particular matter,” Mukherjee said.
The CPI (M)-led Left Front government has been in power in the state for more than three decades. Presently, it is facing tough challenges from the opposition Trinamool Congress ahead of assembly polls due before May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists