Pranab Mukherjee visits Belur Math
Belur (WB): Union Finance Minister and UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee today visited Belur Math set up by Swami Vivekananda and enquired about the progress of work to commemorate 150th birth anniversary of the great monk and philosopher.
During his hour-long stay, Mukherjee met the president of Ramakrishna Mission and Ramakrishna Math Swami Atmasthananda. He also visited the main temple and the room where Swami Vivekananda used to stay here.
"As chairman of the National Implementation Committee for Commemoration of 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda, he enquired about the progress of work," Assistant Secretary of Belur Math, Swami Subirananda, told mediapersons in a press conference.
Mukherjee, however, did not speak to the mediapersons gathered at the temple premises during his visit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state