Pranab not to attend rail function at Sagardighi
Kolkata: Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday cancelled his much hyped visit to Sagardighi in Murshidabad district to attend a function with Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Mukherjee cancelled his visit after a technical problem in the helicopter in which he was to fly to attend the railway function, Minister of State for Shipping and Trinamool Congress leader Mukul Roy said.
After attending the programme, the Finance minister and Banerjee were scheduled to go to Balurghat for laying the foundation stone for construction of three new lines from Balurghat to Hilli, Kaliayagunj to Buniadpur and Gazole to Itahar.
Roy said the Railway Minister will be present at the Sagardighi function, which has been rescheduled to this afternoon.
The function includes commencing of work for construction of a double line between Sagardighi and Nalhati Junction, Azimgunj Jn and Manigram, and from Lalgola to Jiagunj.
Roy said another railway programme in Balurghat in North Bengal has also been rescheduled tomorrow.
The Shipping Minister said Banerjee will travel by train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Adorable! When 'Sarbjit' Randeep Hooda met 'real/reel' sister Dalbir Kaur! – See pic
- Tweeting often causes eating disorder
- Madhuri Dixit finds 'Housefull 3' cast 'awesome'!
- Bipasha Basu just shared vignettes of 'mad love' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'! – View pics
- IPL 2016, final: Five reasons why SunRisers Hyderabad will be no match for Virat Kohli and co