Pranab not to attend rail function at Sagardighi
Kolkata: Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday cancelled his much hyped visit to Sagardighi in Murshidabad district to attend a function with Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee.
Mukherjee cancelled his visit after a technical problem in the helicopter in which he was to fly to attend the railway function, Minister of State for Shipping and Trinamool Congress leader Mukul Roy said.
After attending the programme, the Finance minister and Banerjee were scheduled to go to Balurghat for laying the foundation stone for construction of three new lines from Balurghat to Hilli, Kaliayagunj to Buniadpur and Gazole to Itahar.
Roy said the Railway Minister will be present at the Sagardighi function, which has been rescheduled to this afternoon.
The function includes commencing of work for construction of a double line between Sagardighi and Nalhati Junction, Azimgunj Jn and Manigram, and from Lalgola to Jiagunj.
Roy said another railway programme in Balurghat in North Bengal has also been rescheduled tomorrow.
The Shipping Minister said Banerjee will travel by train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi