Pranab releases books at Kolkata Press Club
Kolkata: Union Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee today released two books -- Anthology of Selected
Stories in English and `Nirbachito Sankalon` (Selected
Collection) in Bengali - at the Kolkata Press Club.
"This is the first press club of the sub-continent and
all Prime Ministers of the country have come to this Press
Club either before or after assuming office," Mukherjee said
on the occasion.
The minister said the books are documents of history
which should be preserved properly and requested the club
authority to publish such books more often.
The books are a collection of articles published in the
Press Club annual magazine since 1969.
"Though the Press Club was established on July 22 in
1945, the articles published between 1945 and 1968 couldn`t be
preserved due to lack of modern facilities," club`s general
secretary, Kazi Golam Gous Siddiqui, said.
The Finance Minister also assured the club of funding
for construction of a building of its own.
He also promised to explore all possibilities of
extending Central Government Health Scheme to working
journalists of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand