Pranab releases books at Kolkata Press Club
Kolkata: Union Finance Minister Pranab
Mukherjee today released two books -- Anthology of Selected
Stories in English and `Nirbachito Sankalon` (Selected
Collection) in Bengali - at the Kolkata Press Club.
"This is the first press club of the sub-continent and
all Prime Ministers of the country have come to this Press
Club either before or after assuming office," Mukherjee said
on the occasion.
The minister said the books are documents of history
which should be preserved properly and requested the club
authority to publish such books more often.
The books are a collection of articles published in the
Press Club annual magazine since 1969.
"Though the Press Club was established on July 22 in
1945, the articles published between 1945 and 1968 couldn`t be
preserved due to lack of modern facilities," club`s general
secretary, Kazi Golam Gous Siddiqui, said.
The Finance Minister also assured the club of funding
for construction of a building of its own.
He also promised to explore all possibilities of
extending Central Government Health Scheme to working
journalists of the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...