Pranab resigns as Bengal Congress party head
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Sunday resigned as President of the party`s West Bengal unit "due to his heavy government responsibilities".
Announcing this here, party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said: "The Congress president Sonia Gandhi has also appointed Manas Ranjan Bhunia as the new president of the party`s West Bengal unit with immediate effect."
Bhunia is the leader of the Congress legislative party in the West Bengal assembly.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference