Pranab resigns as Bengal Congress party head
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Sunday resigned as President of the party`s West Bengal unit "due to his heavy government responsibilities".
Announcing this here, party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said: "The Congress president Sonia Gandhi has also appointed Manas Ranjan Bhunia as the new president of the party`s West Bengal unit with immediate effect."
Bhunia is the leader of the Congress legislative party in the West Bengal assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend