Pranab resigns as Bengal Congress party head
New Delhi: Senior Congress leader and Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Sunday resigned as President of the party`s West Bengal unit "due to his heavy government responsibilities".
Announcing this here, party general secretary Janardan Dwivedi said: "The Congress president Sonia Gandhi has also appointed Manas Ranjan Bhunia as the new president of the party`s West Bengal unit with immediate effect."
Bhunia is the leader of the Congress legislative party in the West Bengal assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding