Pranab should have telephoned Mamata: TMC leader
Kolkata: Hours after UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee said he was ready to talk to Mamata Banerjee when she is prepared to do so, Trinamool Congress on Monday said Mukherjee should have ascertained that by telephoning Banerjee herself.
"Pranab Mukherjee should know if Mamata Banerjee will talk to him or not and he should have telephoned her to ascertain that and this requires no mediator," Trinamool Congress leader Subrata Mukherjee told reporters.
``We had no invitation," he pointed out.
In an oblique reference to Mukherjee`s meeting with MPs and MLAs of CPI(M) and Forward Bloc in the Assembly seeking their support for his candidature, Subrata, the Panchayat Minister, said "some people feel comfortable in the company of CPI(M)."
To a question, he said Trinamool Congress had no candidate but APJ Kalam was its choice as the presidential candidate.
State Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim said "we had also fought election in the past and sought votes from all even from CPI(M) knowing fully well it will not support."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical