Pranab should have telephoned Mamata: TMC leader
Kolkata: Hours after UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee said he was ready to talk to Mamata Banerjee when she is prepared to do so, Trinamool Congress on Monday said Mukherjee should have ascertained that by telephoning Banerjee herself.
"Pranab Mukherjee should know if Mamata Banerjee will talk to him or not and he should have telephoned her to ascertain that and this requires no mediator," Trinamool Congress leader Subrata Mukherjee told reporters.
``We had no invitation," he pointed out.
In an oblique reference to Mukherjee`s meeting with MPs and MLAs of CPI(M) and Forward Bloc in the Assembly seeking their support for his candidature, Subrata, the Panchayat Minister, said "some people feel comfortable in the company of CPI(M)."
To a question, he said Trinamool Congress had no candidate but APJ Kalam was its choice as the presidential candidate.
State Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim said "we had also fought election in the past and sought votes from all even from CPI(M) knowing fully well it will not support."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok