Pranab should have telephoned Mamata: TMC leader
Kolkata: Hours after UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee said he was ready to talk to Mamata Banerjee when she is prepared to do so, Trinamool Congress on Monday said Mukherjee should have ascertained that by telephoning Banerjee herself.
"Pranab Mukherjee should know if Mamata Banerjee will talk to him or not and he should have telephoned her to ascertain that and this requires no mediator," Trinamool Congress leader Subrata Mukherjee told reporters.
``We had no invitation," he pointed out.
In an oblique reference to Mukherjee`s meeting with MPs and MLAs of CPI(M) and Forward Bloc in the Assembly seeking their support for his candidature, Subrata, the Panchayat Minister, said "some people feel comfortable in the company of CPI(M)."
To a question, he said Trinamool Congress had no candidate but APJ Kalam was its choice as the presidential candidate.
State Urban Development Minister Firhad Hakim said "we had also fought election in the past and sought votes from all even from CPI(M) knowing fully well it will not support."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today