Pranab to meet Cong, CPI(M), Forward Bloc MLAs on Monday
Kolkata: UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee on Sunday said he would meet Congress, CPI(M) and Forward Bloc members in the West Bengal Assembly on Monday.
"I will meet members of the Congress, CPI(M) and Forward Bloc at the Assembly tomorrow. These parties have pledged to support my candidature," Mukherjee said at the NSC Bose International Airport here.
He did not divulge whether he would meet members of key UPA ally Trinamool Congress or the party chief and Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee who had tried to field former president APJ Abdul Kalam as the nominee of the coalition.
"Everything else I will tell you tomorrow," Mukherjee said on his arrival from New Delhi.
Mukherjee will fight former Lok Sabha Speaker PA Sangma, backed by BJP and some other parties, in the election to be held on July 19. The counting of votes will take place on July 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city