Pranab’s son wants to represent Jangipur LS seat
Kolkata: Congress MLA Abhijit Mukherjee, son of President-elect Pranab Mukherjee, Tuesday expressed his desire to contest from Jangipur lok Sabha constituency in Murshidabad district which was represented by his father.
"Abhijit Mukherjee has expressed a desire that he wants to contest from Jangipur. I told him he is most welcome," Congress MP and Murshidabad district Congress president Adhir Chowdhury said.
The MP said he was not authorised to take the decision as to who would contest from Jangipur, but if he contests from there, it would be an added advantage.
"The date for bye-election from Jangipur has not been announced, but If he (Abhijit) contests from there, it will be an added advantage for us because Pranab Mukherjee has done a lot of development work for the constituency. We will win this seat if Abhijit contests," Chowdhury said.
Abhijit Mukherjee is now an MLA from Nalhati consitituency in Birbhum district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what