Pregnant woman killed by husband, in-laws
Nadia (WB): A 19-year-old pregnant woman was allegedly killed by her husband and his parents after she tried to intervene in a quarrel between them in Nadia district.
Angry that his wife Bandana Saha intervened to stop quarrel between him and his father, Gopal Saha and his sister beat her up severely, police said.
Gopal`s parents also joined in the beating of the girl, who was later allegedly strangled with a pillow, the police said.
After killing the girl, her in-laws then tried to make it a case of suicide by hanging.
Gopal and his parents were arrested after an FIR was lodged at the Dhantola police station, under which the area falls.
On persistent questioning by the police which found no sign of hanging, the girl`s mother-in-law, Jyotsna Saha, purportedly admitted that she and others had strangulated her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!