Pregnant woman killed by husband, in-laws
Nadia (WB): A 19-year-old pregnant woman was allegedly killed by her husband and his parents after she tried to intervene in a quarrel between them in Nadia district.
Angry that his wife Bandana Saha intervened to stop quarrel between him and his father, Gopal Saha and his sister beat her up severely, police said.
Gopal`s parents also joined in the beating of the girl, who was later allegedly strangled with a pillow, the police said.
After killing the girl, her in-laws then tried to make it a case of suicide by hanging.
Gopal and his parents were arrested after an FIR was lodged at the Dhantola police station, under which the area falls.
On persistent questioning by the police which found no sign of hanging, the girl`s mother-in-law, Jyotsna Saha, purportedly admitted that she and others had strangulated her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?