President accepts resignation of Trinamool ministers
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has accepted the resignation of six Trinamool Congress ministers on the advice of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, official sources said on Saturday.
The six were railways minister Mukul Roy, and ministers of state Sudip Bandyopadhyay (health and family welfare) Saugata Roy (urban development), Choudhary Mohan Jatua (information and broadcasting), Sultan Ahmed (tourism) and Sisir Adhikari (rural development).
The ministers had submitted their resignations to the Prime Minister on Friday on the directive of party supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who withdrew support to the ruling United Progressive Alliance on the issue of economic reforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read