President accepts resignation of Trinamool ministers
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has accepted the resignation of six Trinamool Congress ministers on the advice of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, official sources said on Saturday.
The six were railways minister Mukul Roy, and ministers of state Sudip Bandyopadhyay (health and family welfare) Saugata Roy (urban development), Choudhary Mohan Jatua (information and broadcasting), Sultan Ahmed (tourism) and Sisir Adhikari (rural development).
The ministers had submitted their resignations to the Prime Minister on Friday on the directive of party supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who withdrew support to the ruling United Progressive Alliance on the issue of economic reforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand