President accepts resignation of Trinamool ministers
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee has accepted the resignation of six Trinamool Congress ministers on the advice of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, official sources said on Saturday.
The six were railways minister Mukul Roy, and ministers of state Sudip Bandyopadhyay (health and family welfare) Saugata Roy (urban development), Choudhary Mohan Jatua (information and broadcasting), Sultan Ahmed (tourism) and Sisir Adhikari (rural development).
The ministers had submitted their resignations to the Prime Minister on Friday on the directive of party supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who withdrew support to the ruling United Progressive Alliance on the issue of economic reforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates