President Pranab on day-long visit to West Bengal tomorrow
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will embark on a day-long visit to West Bengal on Thursday, where he will attend several functions including inauguration of campus of Aligarh Muslim University Centre at Jangipur.
Earlier, it was stated that Mukherjee will be on a two-day visit, however, it was later cut short to one day.
The President will lay the foundation stone of Berhampore Military Station at Nabagram and attend the foundation stone laying ceremony of KKM Memorial Sports Academy and Wellness Centre at Dhamua tomorrow, a release issued by Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
Mukherjee will also attend the renaming ceremony of Sagardighi Mahavidyalaya as `Sagardighi Kamada Kinkar Smriti Mahavidyalaya` at Sagardighi and inaugurate the campus of Aligarh Muslim University Centre at Jangipur the same day, it said.
The President will return here on February 20 instead of February 21, a revised press communique from Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
Earlier, the President was scheduled to spend a night and arrive on February 21 morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read