President Pranab on day-long visit to West Bengal tomorrow
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will embark on a day-long visit to West Bengal on Thursday, where he will attend several functions including inauguration of campus of Aligarh Muslim University Centre at Jangipur.
Earlier, it was stated that Mukherjee will be on a two-day visit, however, it was later cut short to one day.
The President will lay the foundation stone of Berhampore Military Station at Nabagram and attend the foundation stone laying ceremony of KKM Memorial Sports Academy and Wellness Centre at Dhamua tomorrow, a release issued by Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
Mukherjee will also attend the renaming ceremony of Sagardighi Mahavidyalaya as `Sagardighi Kamada Kinkar Smriti Mahavidyalaya` at Sagardighi and inaugurate the campus of Aligarh Muslim University Centre at Jangipur the same day, it said.
The President will return here on February 20 instead of February 21, a revised press communique from Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
Earlier, the President was scheduled to spend a night and arrive on February 21 morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Modi, Putin vow to take forward India-Russia ties
- Euro 2016: Spain prepared for clash against 'powerful' Italy, says Iniesta
- READ: How Mahendra Singh Dhoni 'bowled over' this Pakistani model with his calmness
- People want to take their country back, Trump says in Scotland after Brexit vote
- Sanders says he will vote for Clinton in November election