President Pranab on day-long visit to West Bengal tomorrow
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will embark on a day-long visit to West Bengal on Thursday, where he will attend several functions including inauguration of campus of Aligarh Muslim University Centre at Jangipur.
Earlier, it was stated that Mukherjee will be on a two-day visit, however, it was later cut short to one day.
The President will lay the foundation stone of Berhampore Military Station at Nabagram and attend the foundation stone laying ceremony of KKM Memorial Sports Academy and Wellness Centre at Dhamua tomorrow, a release issued by Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
Mukherjee will also attend the renaming ceremony of Sagardighi Mahavidyalaya as `Sagardighi Kamada Kinkar Smriti Mahavidyalaya` at Sagardighi and inaugurate the campus of Aligarh Muslim University Centre at Jangipur the same day, it said.
The President will return here on February 20 instead of February 21, a revised press communique from Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
Earlier, the President was scheduled to spend a night and arrive on February 21 morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'