President Pranab to visit West Bengal tomorrow
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will visit West Bengal on Thursday to inaugurate the 150th birth anniversary of educationist Acharya Satis Chandra Mukherjee, a statement from Rashtrapati Bhavan said here on Wednesday.
"Pranab Mukherjee will visit West Bengal (Kolkata) June 5 and 6, 2014, where he will inaugurate the 150th birth anniversary of Acharya Satis Chandra Mukherjee June 5," the statement said.
"He will also deliver Sir Asutosh Mookerjee memorial lecture to mark his 150th birth anniversary on the same day," the statement added.
Acharya Satis Chandra Mukherjee was one of the pioneers of the national education framework in India.
Asutosh Mookerjee was an educationist who served as the second Indian vice chancellor of the University of Calcutta. The president will return to the national capital in the afternoon of June 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway