President to pay two-day visit to West Bengal from Thursday
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will on Thursday embark on a two-day visit of West Bengal to attend various public functions.
He will lay the foundation stone of Berhampore Military Station at Nabagram and attend the foundation stone laying ceremony of KKM Memorial Sports Academy and Wellness Centre at Dhamua tomorrow, a release issued by Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
Mukherjee will also attend the renaming ceremony of Sagardighi Mahavidyalaya as `Sagardighi Kamada Kinkar Smriti Mahavidyalaya` at Sagardighi and inaugurate the campus of Aligarh Muslim University Centre at Jangipur the same day, it said.
The President will return here on February 21, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore