President to pay two-day visit to West Bengal from Thursday
New Delhi: President Pranab Mukherjee will on Thursday embark on a two-day visit of West Bengal to attend various public functions.
He will lay the foundation stone of Berhampore Military Station at Nabagram and attend the foundation stone laying ceremony of KKM Memorial Sports Academy and Wellness Centre at Dhamua tomorrow, a release issued by Rashtrapati Bhavan said.
Mukherjee will also attend the renaming ceremony of Sagardighi Mahavidyalaya as `Sagardighi Kamada Kinkar Smriti Mahavidyalaya` at Sagardighi and inaugurate the campus of Aligarh Muslim University Centre at Jangipur the same day, it said.
The President will return here on February 21, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you