President`s maiden visit to home state after assuming top post
Kolkata: President Pranab Mukherjee would be arriving here on September 14 on a four-day visit to his home state for the first time after assuming the top post.
State secretariat sources said Mukherjee would be given a guard of honour on his arrival at the NSC Bose International Airport here from Delhi by a special IAF flight.
He will then proceed to the Raj Bhavan by helicopter and will attend a programme at the Netaji Indoor Stadium later, where the state government has arranged a public reception for him.
On September 15 morning, the President would leave for IIT Kharagpur by helicopter to attend the culmination of the Diamond Jubilee Celebration of the institute at its 58th Annual Convocation.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, Union HRD Minister Kapil Sibal and Railway Minister Mukul Roy would also grace the occasion.
On his return from Kharagpur to Raj Bhavan same day, Mukherjee would visit Netaji Research Bureau in Kolkata, which would be followed by his felicitation by all the Chambers of Commerce at another function.
Next day on September 16, the President would visit his old residence at Dhakuria in South Kolkata in the morning and later in the afternoon he would inaugurate a private hospital at Fuleswar in Howrah district.
After his stay for the third night at Raj Bhavan, the President would return to Delhi by IAF special flight on September 17, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket