Prez poll: Mamata Banerjee convenes meet of party MPs
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee, who continues to bat for APJ Abdul Kalam as Presidential choice, has convened a meeting of Party MPs on Monday. The meet is likely to discuss the Presidential poll.
Former speaker PA Sangma, who projects himself as a Presdential candidate had called Banerjee. Banerjee reportedly told Sangma that he should withdraw from the Presidential race if Kalam finally contests.
The Trinamool chief, yesterday, smacked the use of “money power” and “back-room dealings” in the Presidential poll.
On her latest post on Presidential poll in Facebook the West Bengal Chief Minister said, “It is most unfortunate that politics in our great nation has become murky and values, public interest have been compromised through the use of money, power and scams. Ethical and principled politics has eroded today”.
Banerjee debuted in facebook on Saturday supporting Kalam’s candidature for Presidency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa