Prisoner found hanging inside jail
Coochbehar (WB): A 27-year-old Bangladeshi
prisoner died in the district jail here, after he allegedly
hanged himself, at the end of his seven-month jail term
ordered by a local court for trespassing into the country.
Last night, Sanjay Dutta was found hanging dead behind
the library of the Coochbehar District Correctional Home, SP
Kalyan Banerjee said today.
Dutta, a patient of mental depression, had on July 25
completed his seven-month jail term.
A judicial probe has been ordered into the incident and
the post-mortem of the body would be recorded by a video
camera, the SP said.
Sending the body back to Bangladesh might also be
considered if the situation so demanded, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday