Prisoner found hanging inside jail
Coochbehar (WB): A 27-year-old Bangladeshi
prisoner died in the district jail here, after he allegedly
hanged himself, at the end of his seven-month jail term
ordered by a local court for trespassing into the country.
Last night, Sanjay Dutta was found hanging dead behind
the library of the Coochbehar District Correctional Home, SP
Kalyan Banerjee said today.
Dutta, a patient of mental depression, had on July 25
completed his seven-month jail term.
A judicial probe has been ordered into the incident and
the post-mortem of the body would be recorded by a video
camera, the SP said.
Sending the body back to Bangladesh might also be
considered if the situation so demanded, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand