Prisoner found hanging inside jail
Coochbehar (WB): A 27-year-old Bangladeshi
prisoner died in the district jail here, after he allegedly
hanged himself, at the end of his seven-month jail term
ordered by a local court for trespassing into the country.
Last night, Sanjay Dutta was found hanging dead behind
the library of the Coochbehar District Correctional Home, SP
Kalyan Banerjee said today.
Dutta, a patient of mental depression, had on July 25
completed his seven-month jail term.
A judicial probe has been ordered into the incident and
the post-mortem of the body would be recorded by a video
camera, the SP said.
Sending the body back to Bangladesh might also be
considered if the situation so demanded, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended