Prisoner found hanging inside jail
Coochbehar (WB): A 27-year-old Bangladeshi
prisoner died in the district jail here, after he allegedly
hanged himself, at the end of his seven-month jail term
ordered by a local court for trespassing into the country.
Last night, Sanjay Dutta was found hanging dead behind
the library of the Coochbehar District Correctional Home, SP
Kalyan Banerjee said today.
Dutta, a patient of mental depression, had on July 25
completed his seven-month jail term.
A judicial probe has been ordered into the incident and
the post-mortem of the body would be recorded by a video
camera, the SP said.
Sending the body back to Bangladesh might also be
considered if the situation so demanded, the SP said.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Will NEET be conducted this year for medical courses? Supreme Court to pronounce order at 3.30 pm
- LG Electronics posts 415% increase in Q1 profit
- Apple to open its stores in India as govt panel waves 30% local sourcing condition
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for