Pro-CPI(M) govt employees out to sabotage govt: Mamata
Haringhata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday claimed that pro-CPI(M) state government employees were trying to sabotage her government to give it a bad name, but cautioned the people against taking the law into their own hands.
"Many CPI(M) comrades got employment (during Left Front rule). How do I drive them away? I do not want to do so. But I want them to work properly and not indulge in mischief," Banerjee told a government programme here.
The Chief Minister, however, urged the people not to take the law into their hands in confronting such employees.
"Do not beat them up. If you do so I will take action. Tell them politely and with love that they have to do their jobs as they are in government service," Banerjee said.
Criticising the CPI(M), she said, "Though only over one year and half has passed since the CPI (M) lost power, some people have started posing as if they will return to power.”
"The CPI(M) has led the state to financial bankruptcy. The party is also responsible for killing and terrorising innocent people. It is trying to recapture land. It will never able to come back to power," Banerjee, the Trinamool Congress chief said.
Banerjee also continued to vent her ire against a section of the media saying, “Criticising me around the clock with the help of some television channels will not serve any purpose."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory