Pro-CPI(M) govt employees out to sabotage govt: Mamata
Haringhata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday claimed that pro-CPI(M) state government employees were trying to sabotage her government to give it a bad name, but cautioned the people against taking the law into their own hands.
"Many CPI(M) comrades got employment (during Left Front rule). How do I drive them away? I do not want to do so. But I want them to work properly and not indulge in mischief," Banerjee told a government programme here.
The Chief Minister, however, urged the people not to take the law into their hands in confronting such employees.
"Do not beat them up. If you do so I will take action. Tell them politely and with love that they have to do their jobs as they are in government service," Banerjee said.
Criticising the CPI(M), she said, "Though only over one year and half has passed since the CPI (M) lost power, some people have started posing as if they will return to power.”
"The CPI(M) has led the state to financial bankruptcy. The party is also responsible for killing and terrorising innocent people. It is trying to recapture land. It will never able to come back to power," Banerjee, the Trinamool Congress chief said.
Banerjee also continued to vent her ire against a section of the media saying, “Criticising me around the clock with the help of some television channels will not serve any purpose."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!