Pro-CPI(M) govt employees out to sabotage govt: Mamata
Haringhata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Friday claimed that pro-CPI(M) state government employees were trying to sabotage her government to give it a bad name, but cautioned the people against taking the law into their own hands.
"Many CPI(M) comrades got employment (during Left Front rule). How do I drive them away? I do not want to do so. But I want them to work properly and not indulge in mischief," Banerjee told a government programme here.
The Chief Minister, however, urged the people not to take the law into their hands in confronting such employees.
"Do not beat them up. If you do so I will take action. Tell them politely and with love that they have to do their jobs as they are in government service," Banerjee said.
Criticising the CPI(M), she said, "Though only over one year and half has passed since the CPI (M) lost power, some people have started posing as if they will return to power.”
"The CPI(M) has led the state to financial bankruptcy. The party is also responsible for killing and terrorising innocent people. It is trying to recapture land. It will never able to come back to power," Banerjee, the Trinamool Congress chief said.
Banerjee also continued to vent her ire against a section of the media saying, “Criticising me around the clock with the help of some television channels will not serve any purpose."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- SMASH HIT: Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is still ruling the Box Office! – Details inside
- Yogeshwar Dutt's Bronze to be upgraded to Silver: Virender Sehwag expresses excitement with HILARIOUS tweet
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims