Proceedings in Kamduni gang-rape case adjourned
Barasat: Proceedings of the gang-rape and murder case of a college girl of Kamduni village could not be taken up in the fast track court here today as lawyers ceased work following the death of an advocate.
A supplementary chargesheet was to be submitted by CID in the court during the day.
Meanwhile, residents of the village organised demonstration in front of the court demanding capital punishment of the accused.
On July 4, when the first chargesheet was filed before the court, the judge pointed out gaping holes in it and the CID had promised to file a supplementary chargesheet after getting forensic report.
A 20-year-old college student was gang-raped and murdered while she was returning home from college at Kamduni in North 24 Pargans district on June 7.
The incident rocked the state as Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee faced protests from women of the village when she had visited the spot on June 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench