Proceedings in Kamduni gang-rape case adjourned
Barasat: Proceedings of the gang-rape and murder case of a college girl of Kamduni village could not be taken up in the fast track court here today as lawyers ceased work following the death of an advocate.
A supplementary chargesheet was to be submitted by CID in the court during the day.
Meanwhile, residents of the village organised demonstration in front of the court demanding capital punishment of the accused.
On July 4, when the first chargesheet was filed before the court, the judge pointed out gaping holes in it and the CID had promised to file a supplementary chargesheet after getting forensic report.
A 20-year-old college student was gang-raped and murdered while she was returning home from college at Kamduni in North 24 Pargans district on June 7.
The incident rocked the state as Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee faced protests from women of the village when she had visited the spot on June 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez