Procession in Kolkata for Kalam as next President
Kolkata: A procession by non-political persons for A P J Abdul Kalam as the next President was taken out in Kolkata on Saturday.
The processionists belonging to Bangla Nagarik Samaj, a citizen`s forum, holding placards marched from Sealdah area to Esplanade.
The processionists called for a mandate for former President Kalam as he was a scientist of global reputation and whom the country needed most to be the new President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY