Prominent GJM leader Nanita Gautam resigns
Darjeeling: Nanita Gautam, core committee member of the women`s wing of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Saturday formally announced her resignation from the party.
Gautam, who had submitted her resignation to the party on April 2 last, told reporters here that she had resigned as after formation of the Gorkhland Territorial Administration (GTA) the Gorkhaland movement was over.
Besides, her health was also not well.
A founder member of the Kalimpong Gorkha Janmukti Naari Morcha, Gautam appealed to all GTA members to live up to the expectations of the people.
The woman leader, however, said that she had no plan to join any other political party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?