Prominent GJM leader Nanita Gautam resigns
Darjeeling: Nanita Gautam, core committee member of the women`s wing of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Saturday formally announced her resignation from the party.
Gautam, who had submitted her resignation to the party on April 2 last, told reporters here that she had resigned as after formation of the Gorkhland Territorial Administration (GTA) the Gorkhaland movement was over.
Besides, her health was also not well.
A founder member of the Kalimpong Gorkha Janmukti Naari Morcha, Gautam appealed to all GTA members to live up to the expectations of the people.
The woman leader, however, said that she had no plan to join any other political party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read