Prominent GJM leader Nanita Gautam resigns
Darjeeling: Nanita Gautam, core committee member of the women`s wing of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Saturday formally announced her resignation from the party.
Gautam, who had submitted her resignation to the party on April 2 last, told reporters here that she had resigned as after formation of the Gorkhland Territorial Administration (GTA) the Gorkhaland movement was over.
Besides, her health was also not well.
A founder member of the Kalimpong Gorkha Janmukti Naari Morcha, Gautam appealed to all GTA members to live up to the expectations of the people.
The woman leader, however, said that she had no plan to join any other political party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur