Prominent GJM leader Nanita Gautam resigns
Darjeeling: Nanita Gautam, core committee member of the women`s wing of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Saturday formally announced her resignation from the party.
Gautam, who had submitted her resignation to the party on April 2 last, told reporters here that she had resigned as after formation of the Gorkhland Territorial Administration (GTA) the Gorkhaland movement was over.
Besides, her health was also not well.
A founder member of the Kalimpong Gorkha Janmukti Naari Morcha, Gautam appealed to all GTA members to live up to the expectations of the people.
The woman leader, however, said that she had no plan to join any other political party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon