Prominent GJM leader resigns in WB
Darjeeling: Nanita Gautam, core committee member of the women`s wing of the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) on Saturday formally announced her resignation from the party.
Gautam, who had submitted her resignation to the party on April 2 last, told reporters here that she had resigned as after formation of the Gorkhland Territorial Administration (GTA) the Gorkhaland movement was over.
Besides, her health was also not well.
A founder member of the Kalimpong Gorkha Janmukti Naari Morcha, Gautam appealed to all GTA members to live up to the expectations of the people.
The woman leader, however, said that she had no plan to join any other political party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?