Proper security in place for Kolkata Dakshin poll
Kolkata: Adequate security arrangements
have been made for tomorrow`s bypolls to the prestigious
Kolkata South Lok Sabha seat.
"Around 20,000 personnel have been deployed to ensure
a free and smooth election tomorrow," West Bengal`s Chief
Electoral Officer Sunil Gupta said on Tuesday.
The polls, to be held over seven Assembly segments
constituting the Lok Sabha seat, would begin from 8.00 am
and end at 5.00 pm, Gupta said.
A total of 15.60 lakh voters will decide the fate of
five candidates, including three independents.
Of the total 1902 booths, 325 have been declared
sensitive and 335 hypersensitive, the CEO said.
He said that would be three election observers.
Gupta said that 118 sector officers would oversee
the security in the constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’