Purulia expose: CPI-M`s allegation against us baseless, says AMPS
Kolkata: The Ananda Marga Pracharaka
Sangha on Saturday slammed the CPI(M) for raking up involvement of
the Ananda Margis in the 1995 Purulia armsdrop case and
described West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee`s
allegation as "baseless" and "malicious".
"We emphatically deny the false accusation levelled
against the Ananda Margis in the armsdrop case. It is amazing
that the CPI(M) has started playing the old game of
implicating us," a spokesman of the Sangha told reporters
He said that 15 years ago, when huge quantities of
arms were dropped in some villages in Purulia, "the CPI(M)
leaders lost no time in pointing fingers at us claiming that
it has evidence of our involvement which can be proved within
"Fifteen years have passed, but no such evidence could
be proved against us. Today they are again raking up the old
charge against us and that too by the chief minister himself.
It is baseless and malicious," the spokesman said.
"CPI(M) has taken the help of falsehood knowing fully
well that Ananda Margis were never involved in the Purulia
armsdrop," he said.
Meanwhile, hundreds of Ananda Margis today marched in
a silent procession from Deshapriya Park to Bijon Setu here, a
distance of one kilometre, in memory of the killing of 17 of
their monks and nuns on this day in 1982.
The group alleged that CPI(M) activists burnt them to
death on the Bijon Setu to stop the spread of the Ananda
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow