Purulia expose: CPI-M`s allegation against us baseless, says AMPS
Kolkata: The Ananda Marga Pracharaka
Sangha on Saturday slammed the CPI(M) for raking up involvement of
the Ananda Margis in the 1995 Purulia armsdrop case and
described West Bengal Chief Minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee`s
allegation as "baseless" and "malicious".
"We emphatically deny the false accusation levelled
against the Ananda Margis in the armsdrop case. It is amazing
that the CPI(M) has started playing the old game of
implicating us," a spokesman of the Sangha told reporters
He said that 15 years ago, when huge quantities of
arms were dropped in some villages in Purulia, "the CPI(M)
leaders lost no time in pointing fingers at us claiming that
it has evidence of our involvement which can be proved within
"Fifteen years have passed, but no such evidence could
be proved against us. Today they are again raking up the old
charge against us and that too by the chief minister himself.
It is baseless and malicious," the spokesman said.
"CPI(M) has taken the help of falsehood knowing fully
well that Ananda Margis were never involved in the Purulia
armsdrop," he said.
Meanwhile, hundreds of Ananda Margis today marched in
a silent procession from Deshapriya Park to Bijon Setu here, a
distance of one kilometre, in memory of the killing of 17 of
their monks and nuns on this day in 1982.
The group alleged that CPI(M) activists burnt them to
death on the Bijon Setu to stop the spread of the Ananda
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog