Purulia receives record 143 mm of rainfall
Purulia: Purulia district has received a record rainfall of 143 mm since Thursday as a result of which streets are waterlogged and low lying area inundated with water.
Since yesterday Purulia district has received a record of 143 mm of rainfall, Met office sources said here today.
The streets of the district headquarters town are waterlogged due to the heavy rainfall and many houses and crops have been damaged in the rainfall, official sources said.
District Magistrate G Ali Ansari said he has instructed all the 20 BDOs in the district to provide relief to those people whose houses and crops have been damaged in the heavy rainfall.
Those people whose houses have been damaged are being provided tarpaulin sheets, the sources said.
The DM has also instructed the BDOs to prepare a report about the damages to crop and property in the respective blocks and submit the report to him, the sources said.
Due to the heavy rains the maximum temperature of Purulia has plummeted to 24 degree celsius, the Met office said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday