Purulia receives record 143 mm of rainfall
Purulia: Purulia district has received a record rainfall of 143 mm since Thursday as a result of which streets are waterlogged and low lying area inundated with water.
Since yesterday Purulia district has received a record of 143 mm of rainfall, Met office sources said here today.
The streets of the district headquarters town are waterlogged due to the heavy rainfall and many houses and crops have been damaged in the rainfall, official sources said.
District Magistrate G Ali Ansari said he has instructed all the 20 BDOs in the district to provide relief to those people whose houses and crops have been damaged in the heavy rainfall.
Those people whose houses have been damaged are being provided tarpaulin sheets, the sources said.
The DM has also instructed the BDOs to prepare a report about the damages to crop and property in the respective blocks and submit the report to him, the sources said.
Due to the heavy rains the maximum temperature of Purulia has plummeted to 24 degree celsius, the Met office said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi court reserves order on criminal complaint against Arvind Kejriwal
- Fishermen killing case: Accused Italian marine Salvatore Girone returns home from India
- Pakistan may seek India's help in curbing terror: Rajnath Singh
- Leander Paes-Martina Hingis pair enters 2016 French Open mixed-doubles quarters
- Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016: BSEB 10th Result 2016, Bihar Class 10th Result 2016 to be declared today on May 29; check biharboard.bih.nic.in