Ragging charges slapped against Kolkata institute students
Kolkata: Accusing three senior students of ragging, parents of two first-year students at a city`s research institute lodged a police complaint here on Friday.
The two freshers who had joined the Marine Engineering Research Institute here early August hail from Dehradun and Lucknow and, according to their parents, were "mentally and physically harassed by their seniors".
"They are traumatised and we do not want them to continue at the institute," said Lucknow-based Sohail Ahmed, father of one student.
A police complaint has been lodged at the Taratala police station here against three seniors even as the institute`s head MK Ghosh refused to read much into the matter adding "the anti-ragging committee has been directed to take up the matter".
"The institute requires the students to lead a disciplined life and many students face problems in their initial days," said Ghosh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened