Ragging charges slapped against Kolkata institute students
Kolkata: Accusing three senior students of ragging, parents of two first-year students at a city`s research institute lodged a police complaint here on Friday.
The two freshers who had joined the Marine Engineering Research Institute here early August hail from Dehradun and Lucknow and, according to their parents, were "mentally and physically harassed by their seniors".
"They are traumatised and we do not want them to continue at the institute," said Lucknow-based Sohail Ahmed, father of one student.
A police complaint has been lodged at the Taratala police station here against three seniors even as the institute`s head MK Ghosh refused to read much into the matter adding "the anti-ragging committee has been directed to take up the matter".
"The institute requires the students to lead a disciplined life and many students face problems in their initial days," said Ghosh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci