Rahul Gandhi asks WBPCC to strengthen organisation
Kolkata: After the recent exodus of Congress leaders to the ruling Trinamool Congress in West Bengal, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Monday asked it to strengthen the party from the grassroots ahead of the next general elections.
"Rahul Gandhi has categorically asked me to strengthen the party organisation in the state from the grass root level to the top in all districts," WBPPC President Pradip Bhattacharjee who had an hour-long meeting with Gandhi in Delhi told PTI here.
Asked if Gandhi had said anything about the recent exodus to TMC, Bhattacharjee said, "No he didn`t. But its hardly matters for a party like Congress whether someone leaves the party or not."
Bhattacharjee said that he submitted the organisational report of each district to Gandhi during the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad