Rahul Gandhi reviews party functioning in West Bengal, Assam
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi on Monday reviewed the functioning of Congress in West Bengal and Assam at a time when the party is gearing up for the Lok Sabha elections.
Gandhi held separate parleys with Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and state PCC chief Bhubaneswar Kalita and Bengal PCC head Pradip Bhattacharya.
AICC General Secretary CP Joshi, who is incharge of both the states, was also present.
While Congress is ruling in Assam, in West Bengal the party is in the opposition after partying ways with ruling Trinamool Congress last year.
Congress and TMC had contested the last Lok Sabha polls together but fell out over several issues including the controversial matter of FDI in retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday