Rahul Gandhi reviews party functioning in West Bengal, Assam
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi on Monday reviewed the functioning of Congress in West Bengal and Assam at a time when the party is gearing up for the Lok Sabha elections.
Gandhi held separate parleys with Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and state PCC chief Bhubaneswar Kalita and Bengal PCC head Pradip Bhattacharya.
AICC General Secretary CP Joshi, who is incharge of both the states, was also present.
While Congress is ruling in Assam, in West Bengal the party is in the opposition after partying ways with ruling Trinamool Congress last year.
Congress and TMC had contested the last Lok Sabha polls together but fell out over several issues including the controversial matter of FDI in retail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why