Rahul Gandhi reviews party functioning in West Bengal, Assam
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi on Monday reviewed the functioning of Congress in West Bengal and Assam at a time when the party is gearing up for the Lok Sabha elections.
Gandhi held separate parleys with Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and state PCC chief Bhubaneswar Kalita and Bengal PCC head Pradip Bhattacharya.
AICC General Secretary CP Joshi, who is incharge of both the states, was also present.
While Congress is ruling in Assam, in West Bengal the party is in the opposition after partying ways with ruling Trinamool Congress last year.
Congress and TMC had contested the last Lok Sabha polls together but fell out over several issues including the controversial matter of FDI in retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!