Rahul Gandhi reviews party functioning in West Bengal, Assam
New Delhi: Rahul Gandhi on Monday reviewed the functioning of Congress in West Bengal and Assam at a time when the party is gearing up for the Lok Sabha elections.
Gandhi held separate parleys with Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and state PCC chief Bhubaneswar Kalita and Bengal PCC head Pradip Bhattacharya.
AICC General Secretary CP Joshi, who is incharge of both the states, was also present.
While Congress is ruling in Assam, in West Bengal the party is in the opposition after partying ways with ruling Trinamool Congress last year.
Congress and TMC had contested the last Lok Sabha polls together but fell out over several issues including the controversial matter of FDI in retail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway