Rahul Gandhi`s ordinance comment will create anarchy: Rajnath Singh
Kolkata: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday said that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s comment that the ordinance on convicted lawmakers should be torn and thrown away, would create anarchy.
"Tearing it (ordinance) is not correct. Is Rahul trying to create an anarchy? He could have said instead that it should be again reconsidered by the Cabinet," Singh said.
The BJP veteran, who was here to address the members of the ICC and MCC Chamber here, however, said that it was an internal affair of the Congress party.
"It`s the party`s internal affair and I should not say anything, but what I can say is that Rahul should have restrained himself from such a remark, especially when the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was on foreign soil," he said in reply to reporters` queries.
He observed that the PM is not a person of a single political party, but a Prime Minister of the people.
"Snubbing the Prime Minister when he is overseas is not decent. It is unfortunate...It has demeaned the image of the country," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth