Rahul Gandhi`s ordinance comment will create anarchy: Rajnath Singh
Kolkata: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday said that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s comment that the ordinance on convicted lawmakers should be torn and thrown away, would create anarchy.
"Tearing it (ordinance) is not correct. Is Rahul trying to create an anarchy? He could have said instead that it should be again reconsidered by the Cabinet," Singh said.
The BJP veteran, who was here to address the members of the ICC and MCC Chamber here, however, said that it was an internal affair of the Congress party.
"It`s the party`s internal affair and I should not say anything, but what I can say is that Rahul should have restrained himself from such a remark, especially when the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was on foreign soil," he said in reply to reporters` queries.
He observed that the PM is not a person of a single political party, but a Prime Minister of the people.
"Snubbing the Prime Minister when he is overseas is not decent. It is unfortunate...It has demeaned the image of the country," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Gujjars revive agitation for 5% quota in jobs, block rail track
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced