Rahul Gandhi`s ordinance comment will create anarchy: Rajnath Singh
Kolkata: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday said that Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi`s comment that the ordinance on convicted lawmakers should be torn and thrown away, would create anarchy.
"Tearing it (ordinance) is not correct. Is Rahul trying to create an anarchy? He could have said instead that it should be again reconsidered by the Cabinet," Singh said.
The BJP veteran, who was here to address the members of the ICC and MCC Chamber here, however, said that it was an internal affair of the Congress party.
"It`s the party`s internal affair and I should not say anything, but what I can say is that Rahul should have restrained himself from such a remark, especially when the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh was on foreign soil," he said in reply to reporters` queries.
He observed that the PM is not a person of a single political party, but a Prime Minister of the people.
"Snubbing the Prime Minister when he is overseas is not decent. It is unfortunate...It has demeaned the image of the country," Singh said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan