Rail budget: False promise by outgoing govt, says Mamata
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today claimed that the Railway Budget for 2014-15 was false promise by an outgoing government in a vote-on-account budget.
"In his Budget Speech, the Railway Minister mentions introduction of Railway Budget for 2014-15. It is totally misleading and a gimmick to make false promises by an outgoing government in a vote-on-account budget, where the purpose is only to seek permission of the parliament for incurring expenditure for coming four months," Banerjee said in a Facebook post.
"It is against the Constitutional norms and absolutely unethical," Banerjee, a former Railway Minister, said.
She said she was "astonished and perturbed" at the introduction of 72 new trains in the budget.
Banerjee said at a time when the Centre had stopped giving funds for even 100 days work, fresh announcements, introductions and commitments were being made, which would be a huge burden on the new government that would take charge in a few month`s time.
"Who will implement these? Is it not a ploy to deceive the people for the interest of a single political party?" the TMC supremo questioned.
- Pakistan drop Ahmed Shehzad, Umar Akmal for England tour
- Protests in Manipur over unsolved murders
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: We are investigating former IAF chief SP Tyagi's bank accounts, asset details, says CBI
- WATCH: Unbelievable cricket moment- Batsman scores 18 runs off 1 ball!
- Syrian conflict in many ways out of control, warns John Kerry