Rail budget: False promise by outgoing govt, says Mamata
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today claimed that the Railway Budget for 2014-15 was false promise by an outgoing government in a vote-on-account budget.
"In his Budget Speech, the Railway Minister mentions introduction of Railway Budget for 2014-15. It is totally misleading and a gimmick to make false promises by an outgoing government in a vote-on-account budget, where the purpose is only to seek permission of the parliament for incurring expenditure for coming four months," Banerjee said in a Facebook post.
"It is against the Constitutional norms and absolutely unethical," Banerjee, a former Railway Minister, said.
She said she was "astonished and perturbed" at the introduction of 72 new trains in the budget.
Banerjee said at a time when the Centre had stopped giving funds for even 100 days work, fresh announcements, introductions and commitments were being made, which would be a huge burden on the new government that would take charge in a few month`s time.
"Who will implement these? Is it not a ploy to deceive the people for the interest of a single political party?" the TMC supremo questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mahindra First Choice Services enter West Bengal
- Brexit shock: Tata Motors' stock nosedives; JLR discounts any worries
- Attention users: New malware commits data theft by the sound of your processor!
- Tattoo alert: Reasons why you shouldn't get inked with any religious symbol!
- Oops! Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah gets kissed by woman in public — Watch video