Rail fracture near Burdwan disrupts train services for 2 hours
Kolkata: Train services on the main line in
West Bengal`s Burdwan district were disrupted for nearly two
hours today following cracks on the railway track between
Burdwan Junction and Gangpur stations.
Eastern Railway sources said a railway patrol party
noticed that the welding joints of the down track on the
Burdwan-Saktigarh section had come off and immediately
informed the Burdwan station master as also the control room.
Train services on the down line were immediately stopped
at 10:38 am and remained suspended till 12:08 pm for repair
As a result, the 3006 Dn Howrah-Amritsar Mail was detained
for two hours.
It could not immediately be ascertained whether the
incident was an act of sabotage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra