Rail fracture near Burdwan disrupts train services for 2 hours
Kolkata: Train services on the main line in
West Bengal`s Burdwan district were disrupted for nearly two
hours today following cracks on the railway track between
Burdwan Junction and Gangpur stations.
Eastern Railway sources said a railway patrol party
noticed that the welding joints of the down track on the
Burdwan-Saktigarh section had come off and immediately
informed the Burdwan station master as also the control room.
Train services on the down line were immediately stopped
at 10:38 am and remained suspended till 12:08 pm for repair
As a result, the 3006 Dn Howrah-Amritsar Mail was detained
for two hours.
It could not immediately be ascertained whether the
incident was an act of sabotage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3