Railways open helplines for news of West Bengal accident
Kolkata: Railway authorities have opened several helpline numbers for news of the victims in Monday`s train accident at Sainthia in India`s eastern state of West Bengal.
The Eastern Railway has opened two helplines (numbers 23503537 and 23503535) at Sealdah for news of the victims.
The helpline numbers at Howrah station are 033 26382581/3532/7412./26411416, while that of Bhagalpur station is 06412422433 and the number at Jamalpur station is 0634443101.
The accident occurred 191 km from Howrah when the speeding New Cooch Behar-Howrah Uttarbanga Express rammed into the stationary Bhagalpur-Ranchi Vananchal Express. Three rear compartments of the Vananchal Express bore the brunt of the impact and were completely mangled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred