Railways open helplines for news of West Bengal accident
Kolkata: Railway authorities have opened several helpline numbers for news of the victims in Monday`s train accident at Sainthia in India`s eastern state of West Bengal.
The Eastern Railway has opened two helplines (numbers 23503537 and 23503535) at Sealdah for news of the victims.
The helpline numbers at Howrah station are 033 26382581/3532/7412./26411416, while that of Bhagalpur station is 06412422433 and the number at Jamalpur station is 0634443101.
The accident occurred 191 km from Howrah when the speeding New Cooch Behar-Howrah Uttarbanga Express rammed into the stationary Bhagalpur-Ranchi Vananchal Express. Three rear compartments of the Vananchal Express bore the brunt of the impact and were completely mangled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why