Railways open helplines for news of West Bengal accident
Kolkata: Railway authorities have opened several helpline numbers for news of the victims in Monday`s train accident at Sainthia in India`s eastern state of West Bengal.
The Eastern Railway has opened two helplines (numbers 23503537 and 23503535) at Sealdah for news of the victims.
The helpline numbers at Howrah station are 033 26382581/3532/7412./26411416, while that of Bhagalpur station is 06412422433 and the number at Jamalpur station is 0634443101.
The accident occurred 191 km from Howrah when the speeding New Cooch Behar-Howrah Uttarbanga Express rammed into the stationary Bhagalpur-Ranchi Vananchal Express. Three rear compartments of the Vananchal Express bore the brunt of the impact and were completely mangled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok