Railways open helplines for news of West Bengal accident
Kolkata: Railway authorities have opened several helpline numbers for news of the victims in Monday`s train accident at Sainthia in India`s eastern state of West Bengal.
The Eastern Railway has opened two helplines (numbers 23503537 and 23503535) at Sealdah for news of the victims.
The helpline numbers at Howrah station are 033 26382581/3532/7412./26411416, while that of Bhagalpur station is 06412422433 and the number at Jamalpur station is 0634443101.
The accident occurred 191 km from Howrah when the speeding New Cooch Behar-Howrah Uttarbanga Express rammed into the stationary Bhagalpur-Ranchi Vananchal Express. Three rear compartments of the Vananchal Express bore the brunt of the impact and were completely mangled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam