Rajdhani and other trains detained
Midnapore: The Bhubaneswar-New Delhi Rajdhani express and several other express and local trains were detained this evening near here after a tree fell on the rail tracks near Godapialsal station in West Midnapore district.
The Rajdhani Express was caught in the storm after it crossed Midnapore station and stopped when the tree fell on the tracks, cutting the overhead wire at Bhalukkhunia, sources said.
Railway officials said the tracks were being cleared by the staff and the trains including the Rajdhani Express have been waiting for the past three hours.
Apart from the Rajdhani Express, Purulia Express, Chakdradharpur Local and a MEMU train have been detained at Bhalukkhunia, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says