Rajdhani and other trains detained
Midnapore: The Bhubaneswar-New Delhi Rajdhani express and several other express and local trains were detained this evening near here after a tree fell on the rail tracks near Godapialsal station in West Midnapore district.
The Rajdhani Express was caught in the storm after it crossed Midnapore station and stopped when the tree fell on the tracks, cutting the overhead wire at Bhalukkhunia, sources said.
Railway officials said the tracks were being cleared by the staff and the trains including the Rajdhani Express have been waiting for the past three hours.
Apart from the Rajdhani Express, Purulia Express, Chakdradharpur Local and a MEMU train have been detained at Bhalukkhunia, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof