Rajnath flays appointment of ex-CBI chief as Nagaland Guv
Kolkata: BJP on Monday alleged the appointment of former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar as Governor of Nagaland has "destroyed" all traditions of a healthy democracy.
"They have tried to politicize the investigative agencies to a large extent. Never before has a former CBI Director been appointed a Governor of a state. But the Congress government has appointed a former CBI Director as Governor of Nagaland. They have destroyed all traditions of a healthy democracy," said BJP President Rajnath Singh.
"We are not questioning anybody`s competence as an officer but breaking healthy traditions is harmful for a democracy," Singh told reporters here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference