Rajnath flays appointment of ex-CBI chief as Nagaland Guv
Kolkata: BJP on Monday alleged the appointment of former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar as Governor of Nagaland has "destroyed" all traditions of a healthy democracy.
"They have tried to politicize the investigative agencies to a large extent. Never before has a former CBI Director been appointed a Governor of a state. But the Congress government has appointed a former CBI Director as Governor of Nagaland. They have destroyed all traditions of a healthy democracy," said BJP President Rajnath Singh.
"We are not questioning anybody`s competence as an officer but breaking healthy traditions is harmful for a democracy," Singh told reporters here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India