Rajnath flays appointment of ex-CBI chief as Nagaland Guv
Kolkata: BJP on Monday alleged the appointment of former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar as Governor of Nagaland has "destroyed" all traditions of a healthy democracy.
"They have tried to politicize the investigative agencies to a large extent. Never before has a former CBI Director been appointed a Governor of a state. But the Congress government has appointed a former CBI Director as Governor of Nagaland. They have destroyed all traditions of a healthy democracy," said BJP President Rajnath Singh.
"We are not questioning anybody`s competence as an officer but breaking healthy traditions is harmful for a democracy," Singh told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy