Rajnath flays appointment of ex-CBI chief as Nagaland Guv
Kolkata: BJP on Monday alleged the appointment of former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar as Governor of Nagaland has "destroyed" all traditions of a healthy democracy.
"They have tried to politicize the investigative agencies to a large extent. Never before has a former CBI Director been appointed a Governor of a state. But the Congress government has appointed a former CBI Director as Governor of Nagaland. They have destroyed all traditions of a healthy democracy," said BJP President Rajnath Singh.
"We are not questioning anybody`s competence as an officer but breaking healthy traditions is harmful for a democracy," Singh told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'