Rajnath flays appointment of ex-CBI chief as Nagaland Guv
Kolkata: BJP on Monday alleged the appointment of former CBI Director Ashwani Kumar as Governor of Nagaland has "destroyed" all traditions of a healthy democracy.
"They have tried to politicize the investigative agencies to a large extent. Never before has a former CBI Director been appointed a Governor of a state. But the Congress government has appointed a former CBI Director as Governor of Nagaland. They have destroyed all traditions of a healthy democracy," said BJP President Rajnath Singh.
"We are not questioning anybody`s competence as an officer but breaking healthy traditions is harmful for a democracy," Singh told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!