Ramesh-Mamata to visit Naxal-hit Jangalmahal
New Delhi: Pushing for development in Naxal
strongholds, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh will be visiting
Jangalmahal along with West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata
Banerjee to assess the situation in the Maoist hotbed and
prepare an action plan for the area.
The Jangalmahal visit is for studying the situation there
before working out and implementing a developmental action
plan in line with the `Saranda Action Plan` prepared for
Jharkhand`s Naxal-affected Saranda district.
"Next week, hopefully, Mamata Banerjee and I will go to
Jangalmahal. Road connectivity is the main problem there,"
Ramesh told reporters on the eve of his four-day visit to five
Left Wing Extremism-hit disticts --four in Chattisgarh and one
in Andhra Pradesh.
The Rural Development Minister had sent his Private
Secretary Vineel Krishna to study the development issue in
Jangalmahal after Mamata Banerjee toughened her stand against
Maoists asking them to shun arms as violence and talks could
not go together.
The Minister said he is scheduled to go with Jharkhand
Chief Minister Arjun Munda to Saranda on December 2 and 3.
The Minister has already asked Munda to expedite work on
the action plan outlined for Saranda district in the state.
The Saranda Action Plan included the implementation of
various Rural Development Ministry programmes in the district
through short and medium term interventions to reach out to
the 7,000 tribal households with a population of 36,500.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- China reacts to PM Modi, says wants 'mutually acceptable solution to issues with India'
- Ravi Shastri accuses Sourav Ganguly of being disrespectful during the interview process
- China: 131 admitted to hospital after leak at chemical factory
- Class 12 toppers scam: Bihar School Examination Board clerk arrested
- Disha Patani and I are 'good friends', says Tiger Shroff