Ratan Tata suffering from delusion: West Bengal Minister Amit Mitra
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: Taking a dig at the Chairman Emeritus of Tata Group, West Bengal Finance Minister Amit Mitra on Thursday said Ratan Tata was not keeping himself updated with the reality owing to his growing age, adding that he has lost his mind.
Talking to reporters, Mitra said Tata has not been briefed properly by his office about the industrial growth witnessed by West Bengal.
"Onar matibhrom hoyche..." (He is suffering from delusion), Mitra said while referring to the comments made by Tata Sons` chairman emeritus that there are "not much signs of industrial development" in West Bengal.
The state`s Commerce and Industry Minister added that Tata group firm TCS was creating additional 20,000 jobs here, while Anil Ambani group, Emami were both setting up cement plants in the state.
"Recently, another Tata group firm Tata Metaliks had written to the state seeking expansion of their existing unit," he said.
"Is he not updated with the information and why is his own office not briefing him correctly?" asked Mitra.
"He has the hobby of flying planes and let him fly," he added.
Participating in an interactive programme organised by the Ladies Study Group here on Wednesday, Tata had said there was "countryside underdevelopment" in Kolkata with "not much signs of industrial development".
He had also said it was a prudent decision to relocate the Nano car manufacturing unit from Singur to Sanand in Gujarat following sustained agitation, led by the Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee.
Replying to Tata, Mitra, on the sidelines of a seminar organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry, said the “list of industries looking to set up shop here in Bengal is long and I need a whole day to read it out.”
"I am surprised that he was not briefed properly by his team; nor does he know about the expansion of his own Group companies here in the state.”
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics