Ration shops licences will be cancelled if not opened: Deb
Siliguri (WB): North Bengal Development minister Gautam Deb on Saturday said if the owners of the ration shops in Darjeeling hills don`t open their shops within next 72-hours, then their licences will be cancelled.
"If the owners of the ration shops in Darjeeling hills don`t open their shops within next 72-hours, then the state government will cancel their licences and new licences will be given to other people," Deb told reporters here.
The minister said the West Bengal government would attend the tripartite meeting to be called by the Centre to discuss the demand of the GJM for Gorkhaland only if it assures the state government that there would be no division of Bengal.
"Only if we get an assurance from the Centre that there would be no division of Bengal then only the state government would attend the tripartite meeting to be called by the Union Home secretary to discuss the Gorkhaland issue," he said.
Union Home minister Sushilkumar Shinde on September three had told a delegation from the Darjeeling hills seeking statehood that the Centre would convene a tripartite meeting to discuss the issue, but appealed to the hill leadership to call off the strike.
The West Bengal government is taking all steps necessary to bring peace and normalcy in the Darjeeling hills, Deb said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof