Real estate developer arrested in firing case
Kolkata: A real estate developer has been arrested for his alleged involvement in Monday`s firing at a disputed property here close to the police commissioner`s residence, taking the total number of arrests to 14.
The real estate developer, Parag Majumdar, was arrested by Kolkata police detectives from the airport yesterday, when he was trying to board a flight to Mumbai, police said.
Majumdar was arrested on the charges of criminal conspiracy and trespass, the sources said.
Earlier thirteen persons, including four women, were arrested. They were sent to police custody till November 25 by a court on Tuesday.
The Detective Department has taken over the case from the local Shakespeare Police.
Two persons were killed and another was seriously injured after the occupant of the disputed property, Mamata Agarwal, who ran a Montessori school there, opened fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- PM condoles death of Naga leader Isak Swu
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!
- Three Naxals shot dead by security forces in Chhattisgarh
- Drug that helps addicts may benefit cancer patients too