Real estate developer arrested in firing case
Kolkata: A real estate developer has been arrested for his alleged involvement in Monday`s firing at a disputed property here close to the police commissioner`s residence, taking the total number of arrests to 14.
The real estate developer, Parag Majumdar, was arrested by Kolkata police detectives from the airport yesterday, when he was trying to board a flight to Mumbai, police said.
Majumdar was arrested on the charges of criminal conspiracy and trespass, the sources said.
Earlier thirteen persons, including four women, were arrested. They were sent to police custody till November 25 by a court on Tuesday.
The Detective Department has taken over the case from the local Shakespeare Police.
Two persons were killed and another was seriously injured after the occupant of the disputed property, Mamata Agarwal, who ran a Montessori school there, opened fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray