Rectification campaign not properly implemented in Bengal: Bose
New Delhi: Reeling from the defeat in
civic elections in West Bengal, the CPI(M) on Saturday said its
state unit has not properly implemented the rectification
campaign initiated by the central leadership after the debacle
in Lok Sabha elections last year.
"We have not been able to implement the total
programme as of now. We are not able to implement it properly.
We need to move towards proper implementation," party state
secretary Biman Bose told reporters here.
He said the party will continue its work in this
direction and efforts were on to develop close relations
with public there.
After the setback in the 2009 Lok Sabha polls, the
CPI(M) had initiated the rectification campaign aimed at
eradicating wrong trends among the cadre and leaders and
setting the house in order.
Asked about Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee`s
demand for early polls in Bengal, Bose said "some people were
trying to judge the whole by observing a part of it".
He contended that only 85 lakh people out of a total
of over five crore electorate were eligible to vote in the
recent civic polls.
On the elections being dubbed as a semifinal to the
Assembly elections to be held next year, he said, "those who
participates in elections are not sportspersons. This is not a
He said the CPI(M) will play the role of a "creative
opposition" where-ever the party is in opposition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan