Reddy arrest is police victory in penetrating Maoist network
Kolkata: The arrest of Maoist military
operations leader Venkateshwar Reddy alias Telugu Dipak was
significant because it proved that the police have been able
to penetrate into the Maoist intelligence network.
"The Maoists operate mainly on the basis of human
intelligence and the arrest of Telegu Dipak proves that the
police have been able to penetrate deep into their
intelligence network," a CID officer told PTI on condition of
Dipak, who was arrested on Tuesday from Howrah,
originally belonged to the Peoples War Group, which merged
with the Maoist Community Centre to form the CPI(Maoist) in
Earlier, all major Maoist leaders like Sushil Roy,
Patit Paban Halder, Himadri Sen Roy alias Somen or Amit Bagchi
were originally members of MCC, the officer said.
Reddy was an organisational kingpin and a strategist
who had active participation in the operational network in
West Bengal, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, Bihar and Orissa, he
The CID, has however, not been able to extract much
information from Dipak, a close aide of Maoist politburo
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India