Refrain from `crushing people`s stir`, Gurung says to West Bengal govt
Kolkata: Urging the West Bengal government to refrain from "bulldozing masses of Darjeeling Hills with the barrel of gun", GJM supremo Bimal Gurung today indicated that Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is currently having an edge in the war of nerves between the Morcha and state.
"The West Bengal government should stop terrorising people by brandishing gun. This will not help the situation," Gurung said.
"Sometimes in such cases one person might get the better edge in a battle, but the next day the situation might altogether change.
"Right now Mamata is having an edge (but it might change the next day)," the Gorkha Janmukti Morcha chief said.
Asked about scarcity of food supplies, Gurung said "such things hardly matter in a broader perspective. We are ready to fight for Gorkhaland."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what