Released prisoners indulging in anti-social activities
Kolkata: The West Bengal government is keeping a close watch on released prisoners who were indulging in anti-social activities, Director General of Police Naparajit Mukherjee said on Friday.
"Information received by the department states that some of them are involved in anti-social activities to destabilise law and order in the state," the DGP said.
"If such prisoners, both political and non-political, have not reformed yet, they can be booked again if the allegations are found true," he said.
Mukherjee has directed his department to keep tabs on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far