Released prisoners indulging in anti-social activities
Kolkata: The West Bengal government is keeping a close watch on released prisoners who were indulging in anti-social activities, Director General of Police Naparajit Mukherjee said on Friday.
"Information received by the department states that some of them are involved in anti-social activities to destabilise law and order in the state," the DGP said.
"If such prisoners, both political and non-political, have not reformed yet, they can be booked again if the allegations are found true," he said.
Mukherjee has directed his department to keep tabs on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'