Renovated chamber in Secretariat awaits Bengal CM
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee will on Monday step into her new look chamber
at the Writers` Buildings.
The walls have been painted in off-white colour with
compact fluorescent lights adorning the room. Flowerpots give
a touch of green in her room.
The chairs are wooden and without cushions as per the
chief minister`s wishes, secretariat sources said.
The work was done under direct supervision of PWD
secretary AR Burman as the chief minister was not happy with
the chamber used by her predecessor Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
Banerjee has been working from the CM`s ante-chamber
and the conference room.
"Simplicity has been maintained and there is nothing
gorgeous in the chief minister`s chamber," officials said.
Also at the chief minister`s direction, the PWD will
make a more spacious Press Corner which will have a LCD
television, fax machine and telephones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'