Renovated chamber in Secretariat awaits Bengal CM
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee will on Monday step into her new look chamber
at the Writers` Buildings.
The walls have been painted in off-white colour with
compact fluorescent lights adorning the room. Flowerpots give
a touch of green in her room.
The chairs are wooden and without cushions as per the
chief minister`s wishes, secretariat sources said.
The work was done under direct supervision of PWD
secretary AR Burman as the chief minister was not happy with
the chamber used by her predecessor Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
Banerjee has been working from the CM`s ante-chamber
and the conference room.
"Simplicity has been maintained and there is nothing
gorgeous in the chief minister`s chamber," officials said.
Also at the chief minister`s direction, the PWD will
make a more spacious Press Corner which will have a LCD
television, fax machine and telephones.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living