Renovated chamber in Secretariat awaits Bengal CM
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee will on Monday step into her new look chamber
at the Writers` Buildings.
The walls have been painted in off-white colour with
compact fluorescent lights adorning the room. Flowerpots give
a touch of green in her room.
The chairs are wooden and without cushions as per the
chief minister`s wishes, secretariat sources said.
The work was done under direct supervision of PWD
secretary AR Burman as the chief minister was not happy with
the chamber used by her predecessor Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
Banerjee has been working from the CM`s ante-chamber
and the conference room.
"Simplicity has been maintained and there is nothing
gorgeous in the chief minister`s chamber," officials said.
Also at the chief minister`s direction, the PWD will
make a more spacious Press Corner which will have a LCD
television, fax machine and telephones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets