Renovated chamber in Secretariat awaits Bengal CM
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister
Mamata Banerjee will on Monday step into her new look chamber
at the Writers` Buildings.
The walls have been painted in off-white colour with
compact fluorescent lights adorning the room. Flowerpots give
a touch of green in her room.
The chairs are wooden and without cushions as per the
chief minister`s wishes, secretariat sources said.
The work was done under direct supervision of PWD
secretary AR Burman as the chief minister was not happy with
the chamber used by her predecessor Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee.
Banerjee has been working from the CM`s ante-chamber
and the conference room.
"Simplicity has been maintained and there is nothing
gorgeous in the chief minister`s chamber," officials said.
Also at the chief minister`s direction, the PWD will
make a more spacious Press Corner which will have a LCD
television, fax machine and telephones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP