Rescue operation in Malda boat capsize ends; toll 10
Malda: The search and rescue operation following the boat capsize in Malda district has ended with the recovery of one more body, taking the toll from the mishap to ten, official sources said on Sunday.
The body was recovered late last night, District Magistrate G Kirankumar said.
The search and rescue operation has been called off as nobody was said to be missing now, he added.
The boat, carrying about 50 daily labourers and farmers, capsized in the Ganga after it left Dharampur for a riverine island on June 14.
Five teams, including a 35-member Disaster Management Team from Kolkata, took part in the rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`