Rescue operation in Malda boat capsize ends; toll 10
Malda: The search and rescue operation following the boat capsize in Malda district has ended with the recovery of one more body, taking the toll from the mishap to ten, official sources said on Sunday.
The body was recovered late last night, District Magistrate G Kirankumar said.
The search and rescue operation has been called off as nobody was said to be missing now, he added.
The boat, carrying about 50 daily labourers and farmers, capsized in the Ganga after it left Dharampur for a riverine island on June 14.
Five teams, including a 35-member Disaster Management Team from Kolkata, took part in the rescue operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi