Reshuffle in West Bengal police set-up
Kolkata: A week after the West Bengal
government reshuffled four IPS officers, twelve more transfers
and postings were officially announced on Saturday to tone up the
Supratim Sarkar Deputy Commissioner of Police (South)
was promoted as Joint Commissioner of Police (Traffic),
Kolkata Police, secretariat sources said.
K Jayraman, the SP, East Midnapore, was promoted
as DIG, CID (Operation).
Rajesh Kumar Singh, Commandant, SAP was posted as DIG
Rahul Srivastava SP, North 24 Parganas district was
made DIG (Vigilance), while Champak Bhattacharya, SP Nadia was
transferred to North 24 Parganas.
Ashok Kumar Prasad, who was SSP CID, was posted as SP,
East Midnapore district.
Subrata Bandopadhyay, Commandant, 3rd battalion of
SAP, was made Special SP (Intelligence Branch), while Ajit
Sarkar, SSP (IB), was shifted to Commandant, border wing of
Sabyasachi Raman Mishra was transferred as Nadia SP
from Commandant, 2nd battalion, SAP, while Rishikesh Meena
Additional SP (Rural), East Midnapore was made Commandant, 2nd
Debabrata Das, who was additional SP, Bidhannagar, was
transferred as Deputy Commandant, 1st Battalion, SAP, while
Ranendranath Banerjee was made SP, Bidhannagar from his
earlier posting as Additional SP (Rural), South 24 Parganas
On June 4, four IPS officers were reshuffled with V V
Thambi made the DG, CID, Raj Kanojia, ADG, Crime Record
Bureau, C V Muralidhar ADG, CID and Adhir Mishra as IG-II,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion