Reshuffle of Mamata ministry likely on Dec 26
Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee is likely to reshuffle her 31-month-old ministry on December 26 close on the heels of her pulling up non-performing ministers.
There was no official announcement whether portfolios of existing ministers would be changed, or anyone would be dropped or new faces would be taken in.
The Chief Minister had reviewed the performance of all departments and pulled up non-performing ministers and bureaucrats at a meeting here on December 20.
The invitation card from Chief Secretary Sanjay Mitra said that Governor MK Narayanan would administer the oath of office and secrecy to the ministers at 1:40 pm at Raj Bhavan on December 26.
Five-time Congress MLA Ajay Dey and lone Samajwadi Party legislator in West Bengal Chand Mohammad joined the Trinamool Congress recently fuelling speculation that they might be inducted into the ministry.
Banerjee last reshuffled the Cabinet in November, 2012 with the inclusion of eight new ministers, including two who had then quit the Congress to join the TMC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical